Apply for funding
We are open for applications!
To apply for a grant of up to £1,000, please follow these steps:
- Read through the criteria and previously funded groups to decide if your group is in line with what Bristol Redistro is looking to fund.
- Make sure that someone in your group is up for coming to the funding day. All short-listed are groups invited to the funding day and will receive a grant of up to £1,000. You'll need to come to the funding day on Saturday 17 April 2021 to receive your grant. The funding day is an opportunity for groups to learn from one another and to decide together the best way for the grant money to be shared out. It may happen online or in person depending on covid restrictions at the time.
- We aim to tell you in around 2 weeks after the deadline if your application has been short-listed and to invite you to the funding day if so.
- Fill in the short application form and send it to us by the deadline of midnight Monday 29th March 2021 to email@example.com.
- As this is a new project, we are asking for groups that participate to offer us feedback on the application process and suggestions for how to improve future funding rounds.
Our decision-making process involves previously funded groups short-listing applications and the final decisions being made by the short-listed applicants. We will therefore be sharing your applications with these groups. Please let us know if you have any questions about this.
Our aim is to continue fundraising up until the funding day. We’d like to let people know which groups have been short-listed and feel this might encourage more people to donate. If you are short-listed we will check with you if its ok to share this publicly.
Please contact us if you need any help or advice on filling in the application. We may be able to complete the application over the phone with you or in person, but as we are all volunteers this will depend on our availability. The sooner you get in touch the better!
You can put the answers to the questions below in an email or use the application form:
- Contact name:
- Group name:
- Email address:
- Telephone number:
- Website and/or Facebook page:
- Which areas of Bristol does your work cover?
Please refer to the criteria when answering the following questions.
Please use no more than two pages of a Word/OpenOffice document to answer them.
- a) Who are you? b) What does your group do? c) Why do you do it?
- We support groups that have been set up by a community to address an issue they’re facing - for example, black people who have come together to challenge police racism and brutality. How are the members of your group affected by the issue your group is working on?
- How much money have you raised in the last year to fund your group's work?
- How much money are you asking for from Bristol Redistro (the maximum available is £1,000)?
You can read about how our first round went here: www.bristolredistro.org/news/redistro-round-one-over-6000-given-to-grassroots-community-led-groups